LEAVE NO TRACE
We need our members and our visitors to do their part. Please come prepared and take anything you bring in with you back out with you.
- If you are sick or feeling not great, stay home.
- Stay home if you believe you may have been exposed to Covd-19, even if asymptomatic.
- Obey all local, state, and federal orders.
- Keep a safe distance from others, at least six feet apart.
- Stay on familiar trails - this is not a good time to get hurt or lost.
- Respect closures and closed areas.
- A muddy trail is a closed trail, no matter what.
- Check updates before you come - things change every day.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
- Use face coverings when anyone is in your line of site on the property.
We appreciate your visit and hope you enjoy the beauty of nature at Audubon Acres. We ask your assistance in maintaining our property for all to enjoy, by following a few rules
- Practice Leave No Trace principles. Audubon Acres is a nature and wildlife sanctuary and is maintained so that you can experience and enjoy wildlife in its natural setting. Please leave everything as you found it. Follow the guideline, "Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints." Do not remove any objects (including rocks, plants, etc.), disturb any wildlife, or otherwise change the way that nature has managed the property for thousands of years.
- Leave your pets at home. While we love your furry friends, they are not permitted on the property. This is for the comfort and protection of the wildlife and their habitat.
- No hunting, fishing, or trapping. Hunting, fishing, trapping or other removal or destruction of any animals, fish, birds or other organisms is specifically prohibited.
- No digging or excavation. Digging, excavating, or removal of anything for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
- No weapons. Weapons of any kind are prohibited everywhere on the property.
- Pick up your trash. Please remove any trash that you bring with you and if you see some, please help us by bringing it out with you.
- We're a private organization. This is private property operated for the benefit of our members. We reserve the right to refuse admission and access to anyone.
Thank you for helping us preserve this beautiful landscape for generations to come!