Maclellan Island Access
Important Note: Veteran's Bridge runs over Maclellan Island, not down to it. All access is by water only.
Members Visit Free!
Daily access and overnight camping are free to CAS members (campsite reservations required in advance). Please consider joining us to help protect Maclellan Island.
All camping fees are per night.
We appreciate your visit and hope you enjoy the beauty of nature at Maclellan Island. We ask your assistance in maintaining our property for all to enjoy, by following a few rules:
• This is a Wildlife Sanctuary and is maintained so that you can enjoy and experience wildlife in its natural settings. Please leave everything as you found it. Do not remove any objects (rocks, plants, etc), disturb any wildlife, or otherwise change the way that nature has managed the property for thousands of years.
“Take Nothing but Pictures, Leave Nothing but Footprints”
• Pets are not allowed on the property. This is for the comfort and protection of the wildlife and their habitat.
• Hunting, fishing, trapping or other removal or destruction of any animals, fish, birds or other organisms is specifically prohibited.
• Digging, excavating, or removal of anything for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
• Weapons of any kind are prohibited everywhere on the property.
• Please remove any trash that you bring with you and if you see some, please help us by bringing it out with you.
• We are a private, non-profit organization, and we are always in need of assistance. If you would like to contribute your time and/or money, just stop by the Audubon Acres Visitor’s Center to inquire.
• This is private property operated for the benefit of our members. We reserve the right to refuse admission and access to anyone.