Important Note: Veteran's Bridge runs over Maclellan Island, not down to it. All access is by water only.
Maclellan Island Access
There is no fee for day use of Maclellan Island, however, overnight camping is by permit only. Use the form below to check the availability of the campsite for a particular evening or use the button below to purchase an Overnight Camping permit. Camping is free to CAS members, however, you still must have a reservation. Only one group is permitted to camp on the island at a time. If there are multiple inquiries for the same dates, the first group to submit their payment secures the reservation.
Maclellan Island, including the campsite, is a primitive use area. There is no running water, electricity, or road access to the sanctuary. Veteran's Bridge runs over Maclellan Island, not down to it. All access is by boat only.
We appreciate your visit and hope you enjoy the beauty of nature at Maclellan Island. We ask your assistance in maintaining our property for all to enjoy, by following a few rules:
- This is a Wildlife Sanctuary and is maintained so that you can enjoy and experience wildlife in its natural settings. Please leave everything as you found it. Do not remove any objects (rocks, plants, etc), disturb any wildlife, or otherwise change the way that nature has managed the property for thousands of years. “Take Nothing but Pictures, Leave Nothing but Footprints.”
- No alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted on sanctuary grounds.
- Pets are not allowed on the property. This is for the comfort and protection of the wildlife and their habitat.
- Hunting, fishing, trapping or other removal or destruction of any animals, fish, birds or other organisms is specifically prohibited.
- Digging, excavating, or removal of anything for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited everywhere on the property.
- Please remove any trash that you bring with you and if you see some, please help us by bringing it out with you.
- This is private property operated for the benefit of our members. We reserve the right to refuse admission and access to anyone.